2. What’s it like to grow up without a mother since age 13?
Or, what’s it like to live in four different countries and have to adjust to a new culture and language each time? What it’s like to get into McGill but fail in every class, becoming a readmitted student? What’s it like to find hidden cameras in your bathroom because your landlord is a perv? What’s it like to try to immigrate for two and a half years after finishing school while working as a waitress/cashier because you don’t speak French? What’s it like to live with an 70 year old roommate? I can go on and on. Basically, I have lots of stories, unique stories, to share because of my precarious non-citizenship status in Canada since September 2004 to January 2017. Stay tuned!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.