1. Why not build a ~romantic~ canopy over top your bed? If you don't want to buy one, you can make your own.
2. Have a small space? Create a bed nook of your very own by installing a space-separating curtain.
3. Make your room a space you'll actually want to wake up in by adding bright accent elements.
4. Or keep it calm and peaceful with a straight up neutral palette.
5. A sunken platform bed just seems like the ultimate in luxury, right?
6. A tufted fabric headboard can add a bit of luxe comfort to your sleepy time. You can buy one or DIY your own with some plywood, foam, and fabric.
7. PILE ON THE PILLOWS!
8. But also get the proper padding. Know the difference between a memory foam mattress pad, a feather bed topper, or an eggshell mattress topper.
9. And honestly, get your sheet game together. You'll be so much happier when you do. Our faves are these super soft sateen weave sheets from Brooklinen.
Holy shit these sheets are soft. They're on the pricier side, though. A few pointers when buying sheets: Thread count can be a bit misleading and a higher thread count doesn't always guarantee better sheets, to a point. If you're looking for alternatives to straight up cotton sheets, try t-shirt sheets, or, if you live in a cold clime, give flannel sheets a go.