1. Take Part photo editor Lauren Wade wanted to make a point about the way that the excessive use of Photoshop permeates our conceptions of beauty.
Here, for example, with Francisco Goya’s “Nude Maya,” she whittled the waist, hips, and thighs to match today’s notions of attractiveness.
“We’ve taken a digital liquefy brush to the painstakingly layered oils of some of the most celebrated paintings of the female form, nipping and tucking at will,” Wade said. “There may be something sacrilegious in that, but the same could be said for our contemporary ideas of beauty.”
2. On Sandro Botticelli’s Birth of Venus, she added bigger boobs and a tinier waist.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.