Skip To Content
  • Viral badge

This Teen Tried To Get Perfect Eyebrows And Ended Up With A Nightmare On Her Face

When the pursuit of Cara Delevingne brows goes bad.

This is Polly Smith, a 19-year-old performing arts student from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K. A few weeks ago Polly went to her local beauty salon to get what's called an HD brow treatment, which is supposed to give you fuller, more beautiful brows.

Instead, she ended up like this. /

A day after the procedure, she says she could barely open her eyes. Doctors said she had a severe allergic reaction to the dye used in the HD brow treatment.

Part of the treatment involves hair dye being applied to the brows for 10 minutes. Polly said she completed an allergy patch test two days prior to the treatment, and had no indication there'd be a problem.

She ended up on a cocktail of antibiotics, antihistamines, and steroids. /

Smith said her eyebrows have begun falling out now. "I had the treatment to get nice pretty eyebrows and now they are patchier than ever," she told the Daily Mail.

Adorn Beauty, where she got the treatment, told BuzzFeed Life they offered her a full refund and gave her an additional £20 to cover the cost of antibiotics. /

Praash Mangupiya, the owner of Adorn, spoke with the suppliers of HD Brows and believes that the reaction may have been caused by a hormonal change. "We gave her the skin test and everything was fine with the skin test," he told BuzzFeed Life.

Smith, who hopes to be a professional performer one day, is warning others to think twice before they do something that could scar them forever.

"Doctors have said I could be permanently scarred. Being a performer if my face is disfigured, it is going to impact me at auditions." she said. "I don't think it is worth the risk."