1. Behold, the most beautiful prom dress ever.
2. The wearer and creator? Kyemah McEntyre, a senior at Cicely Tyson School of Performing Arts, in East Orange, New Jersey.
4. And what’s more, she actually designed it, too.
McEntyre is going to be attending Parsons School of Design in the fall.
“Being exposed to all kinds of people and cultures is the muse for my artwork,” she wrote on her Instagram page. “Don’t let anyone define you. Beautiful things happen when you take pride in yourself.”
5. Kyemah says she was motivated to create the dress in part because of being bullied when she was younger.
6. Was she crowned prom queen in this magical number? You bet she was.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏