1. Period cramps are pretty great. SAID NO ONE EVER.
According to the company’s website, “Users have reported a significant decrease in the pain and discomfort often associated with menstruation. The cannabinoids directly impact the immune system and the nerve endings of the uterus, cervix, ovaries and surrounding smooth muscle tissues. THC positively affects the nerves and assists in blocking out pain while also allowing for more pleasant signals to be received by the brain.”
7. Gunter is concerned that not only hasn’t Foria been clinically studied, but that it also claims it won’t get you high.
“If it’s getting into your bloodstream there is a risk of it making you high. Period. So either your medicine is completely ineffective, or it’s getting into your bloodstream and then there is a risk that it will get you high,” she said.
9. Further, said Gunter, the amount of THC in Foria is pretty extreme. “Most people consider a unit of oral administration to be 10 milligrams of THC. There’s 60 in this.”
Which might be dangerously high. Gunter cited several recent deaths in Colorado linked to edibles with extremely high levels of THC.
10. But back to the main problem: No one has studied how cannaboids affect the vagina or uterus. Or what the correct doses might be.
As Gunther told BuzzFeed, “THC’s direct effects on the uterus is completely unknown. There’s no science to support that.”
12. And anyway, says Gunter, “If your cramps are that bad that you’re thinking about this as a solution, talk to your doctor.”
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Barack Obama defended his legacy and vowed to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake" during his final press conference.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺