2. Scott’s relationship with Mick Jagger often unfairly overshadowed her work as a designer.
3. But her contributions as a fashion designer can’t be under-estimated.
4. Since her first collection in 2006, which was dedicated to the Little Black Dress, Scott distinguished herself for creating clothes that were refined, elegant, and subtly sexy.
8. She also, perhaps, alluded to her own personal pain, in a 2011 Harper’s Bazaar interview.
“You’ll see the most perfect person and you are like, God, she’s, like, perfect. And then she’ll tell you everything that’s not perfect,” she said. “Everyone has their own special set of problems—in their own minds.”
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Turkey's democratically elected Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu is stepping down amid rifts with President Erdogan.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.