1. Yesterday model Andreja Pejic came out as transgender, via her Facebook page.
“I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the love and support throughout the years,” she wrote to her Facebook fans. “You’ve all helped me through this journey and I have learned a lot and really come into my own and the response to today’s announcement truly overwhelmed me and reminds me of why I chose to do this publicly.”
2. “I think we all evolve as we get older and that’s normal,” she continued. “But I like to think that my recent transition hasn’t made me into a different individual.”
“Same person, no difference at all just a different sex I hope you can all understand that.”
3. The stunning 6-foot-2 model has appeared on the covers of Elle, i-D, and Vogue Paris, walked the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier, and served as a muse for Marc Jacobs.
And while she’s previously done campaigns for both men’s and women’s clothes, Pejic says she’ll now only model for womenswear designers.
4. In coming out, Pejic hopes she can be a beacon to other transgender youth.
“I would also like to to reach out to all young gender non-conforming youth out there: I know it’s hard, I’ve been there, but remember it’s your right to be accepted as what you identify with — you deserve the same respect as any other human being on this planet.”
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌