2. But rather than accept the award herself, she sent her friend Jesse.
3. “My name is Jesse,” he said, “and I’m accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth who are starving lost and scared right now. I know this because I am one of these people.”
4. As Miley looked on, Jesse told his story.
“I have survived in shelters all over this city,” he said. “I’ve cleaned your hotel rooms; I’ve been an extra in your movies. I’ve been an extra in your life. Though may have been invisible to you on the streets I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight.”
5. Miley Cyrus was overcome with emotion.
6. Jesse’s speech encouraged her fans to go to her Facebook page and donate to her Prizeo campaign.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.