3. Merry told BuzzFeed she got into body painting eight years ago.
“An Australian rock band called the Red Paintings asked me to stand on stage at a show and get body painted in 2006,” she said. “That was my first exposure to bodypaint and I slowly fell in love with it. I decided in 2010 to shift directions and incorporate the human body as a surface in my work.”
6. Merry says she’s fascinated by the contrast between the feminine energy of women and the masculine power of the city.
“New York is such an aggressive, violent city—characteristics we usually associate with masculinity—when in fact there are way more women living here them men. However, it stands that there is this ambitious, violent undertone that can’t be ignored and some rather phallic skyscrapers around town.
7. “I think many women move here hoping to live ‘Sex and the City’ lives when the reality is most women have to ditch their fancy designer heels on the subway for more practical sneakers.”
“I’m curious why this dichotomy exists and am simply making some observations about New York. I wonder how this ever-changing city will behave in the next 5 or even 10 years.”
- Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the National Governors Association, said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝