1. Aziz Ansari plays swag-obsessed lady-chaser Tom Haverford on Parks and Recreation..
2. But actually? Aziz is a pretty chill dude.
4. “Here’s the thing.” explained Ansari, “If you look up feminist in the dictionary, it just means someone who believes men and women have equal rights, yeah?”
Ansari goes on to say that he thinks that people just don’t understand what the word means, which is why people often fail to identify with it.
5. Another way to think about it? Consider Beyoncé and Jay Z, seen here hanging out with Ansari’s parents at a Kanye West concert last month.
“You’re a feminist,” said Ansari, “if you go to a Jay Z and Beyonce concert and you’re not like ‘umm, I feel like Beyoncé should get 23 percent less money than Jay Z. Uh, also, I don’t think Beyoncé should have the right to vote, and why is Beyoncé singing and dancing? Shouldn’t she make Jay a steak, I’m sure he’s very tired after walking and rapping those two songs.’”
6. Consider Aziz Ansari’s entire hilarious argument on behalf of feminism here:
7. Got it?
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.