1. Mary Pickford, 1920
2. Natalie Talmage and Buster Keaton, 1921
3. Wallis Simpson and Edward, Prince of Wales, 1937
4. Nat King Cole and Maria Hawkins Ellington, 1948
5. Elizabeth Taylor and Conrad Hilton, 1950
6. Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra, 1951
7. Elizabeth Taylor and MIchael Wilding, 1952
For her marriage to Michael Wilding (Taylor's second), Taylor went a bit more demure, and dressed in a suit dress and pearls. The Wilding-Taylor union actually lasted much longer than her marriage to Hilton and produced two sons.
8. Brigitte Bardot and Roger Vadim, 1952
Brigitte Bardot was just a baby — 18 — when she married the French director. He was rumored to have had to convert to Catholicism in order to receive permission from her father. Catholicism or no, their marriage only lasted five years, and both went on to marry several other people.
9. Jacqueline Bouvier and John F. Kennedy, 1953
10. Audrey Hepburn and Mel Ferrer, 1954
11. Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco, 1956
12. Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, 1956
13. Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood, 1957
Actors Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood were actually married twice. The first time, in 1957, Wood was just 19 years old. Their first marriage lasted five years. Both went on to other relationships before reconnecting in 1972. After a brief courtship, they remarried and had a child. But in 1981, Wood mysteriously drowned while on a boat with Wagner, Christopher Walken, and the boat captain.
14. Sammy Davis Jr. and May Britt, 1960
15. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, 1964
Burton and Taylor liked getting married to each other so much they did it twice — first in 1964 and again in 1975. Burton was Taylor's fifth and sixth husband.
16. Jane Fonda and Roger Vadim, 1965
17. Mia Farrow and Frank Sinatra, 1966
Mia Farrow was just 21 when 50-year-old Frank Sinatra wooed her and asked her to marry him. The condition? She end her acting career. So the pair got married in a 15-minute ceremony at the Sands Hotel in Las Vegas (v. romantic). Farrow followed his lead for a time, but the opportunity to do Rosemary's Baby came along, and Farrow jumped at the chance. It was the right move for her, but it ended up leading to the demise of their marriage. The two remained friends until Sinatra's death.
18. George Harrison and Patti Boyd, 1966
19. Angela King and Eric Burdon, 1967
20. Liza Minnelli and Peter Allen, 1967
21. Priscilla Beaulieu and Elvis Presley, 1967
Priscilla was just 14 when she met Elvis on an Army base in Germany, where she was living with family. The couple married when she was 22 and Priscilla made her own dress for the ceremony.
22. Audrey Hepburn and Andrea Dotti, 1969
23. Cilla Black and Bobby Willis, 1969
24. John Lennon and Yoko Ono, 1969
John Lennon and Yoko Ono were married in Gibraltar and promptly took part in an anti-war "bed-in" following the ceremony. Zsa Zsa Gabor was not pleased with the couple's attire and said they looked like “two people going to hold up a bank."
25. Lulu and Maurice Gibb, 1969
26. Russ Meyer and Edy Williams, 1970
27. Mick Jagger and Bianca Jagger, 1971
Bianca was actually four months pregnant with daughter Jade when she and Jagger wed in matching leisure suits in St. Tropez (she's actually wearing a YSL "Le Smoking" jacket, NBD). She divorced the Rolling Stones singer seven years later, claiming that he'd cheated on her throughout their marriage (and after catching him with model Jerry Hall), and actually famously said, "My marriage ended on my wedding day."