21 Very Necessary Style Tips For Tall Girls
For all you tall, gorgeous drinks of water.
1. First things first: Embrace your height
3. Match your accessories.
4. For skirts that are an awkward midi length, wear them higher on your waist. This can also help balance your proportions.
5. Try on everything.
"It may not look like it will work but you will be surprised at the options that will," says Alicia of TallSwag. "You will have some misses, but the makes are worth the trials. Try, try and try again."
6. To make pants that are too short seem intentional, make a small cuff and add a strappy heel.
7. To give your body balance, add a belt to your natural waist.
8. Follow the three inch rule for heels.
9. For a maxi that isn't quite ~long enough~ on you to be maxi length, tie both sides to make a cute no-sew midi.
10. Find a good tailor.
11. Think outside the box.
12. Don't shy away from prints and patterns.
13. If you're tall with broad shoulders, try wearing clothes that balance out the top and bottom of your body.
14. Know your measurements.
15. And the measurements of the models!
Sometimes models aren't actually as tall as you might think, so if you're shopping online it's worth paying attention to the model's height, too.
16. Rock a jumpsuit.
17. Embrace the three-quarter sleeve.
Finding long sleeve shirts that are actually ~long~ enough can often be difficult, which is why 3/4-length shirts can offer a great alternative. "This is a sleeve length that is universal for everyone and is actually more flattering on us because our limbs are longer and are accentuated by the length of the sleeve," says Alicia of TallSWAG. "I also love making a faux ¾ sleeve. Roll those puppies up! It takes vintage shopping to another level."
18. Steer clear of super low rise jeans.
20. Or have clothes custom-made.
Sumissura is an online made-to-order service that will create garments for you based on your measurements and fabric choices. And you can do it all from home!