1. So, weed-infused vodka is a thing that exists now.
It’s called Humboldt’s Finest, and it comes from Humboldt Distillery on the north coast of California.
“As the vodka has grown in popularity I’ve found more and more consumers asking us to add some of the ‘local flavor’ to our alcohol, distillery owner and head distiller, Abe Stevens, said in a press release. “That obviously wouldn’t be legal for us to do, but I couldn’t ignore the consumer demand. My solution was to come up with a compromise that captures a bit of that character without breaking any laws.”
2. That’s where the downside comes in—the hemp-infused vodka won’t actually get you stoned.
The vodka, which is only available in California and Colorado, contains a “THC content of less than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis” in order to comply with California law, the company said.
“It does, however, retain an herbal and aromatic quality reminiscent of fresh cannabis,” Stevens said. “And we’ve found it works very well in place of gin, giving classic cocktails a fresh new spin.”
3. Also, it’s 40% alcohol, so it’ll still get you super drunk. Yay!
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial is set to take place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂