1. So, weed-infused vodka is a thing that exists now.
It’s called Humboldt’s Finest, and it comes from Humboldt Distillery on the north coast of California.
“As the vodka has grown in popularity I’ve found more and more consumers asking us to add some of the ‘local flavor’ to our alcohol, distillery owner and head distiller, Abe Stevens, said in a press release. “That obviously wouldn’t be legal for us to do, but I couldn’t ignore the consumer demand. My solution was to come up with a compromise that captures a bit of that character without breaking any laws.”
2. That’s where the downside comes in—the hemp-infused vodka won’t actually get you stoned.
The vodka, which is only available in California and Colorado, contains a “THC content of less than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis” in order to comply with California law, the company said.
“It does, however, retain an herbal and aromatic quality reminiscent of fresh cannabis,” Stevens said. “And we’ve found it works very well in place of gin, giving classic cocktails a fresh new spin.”
3. Also, it’s 40% alcohol, so it’ll still get you super drunk. Yay!
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀