3. This beautiful nightmare comes to us from Sake Bar Hagi, a Japanese restaurant in New York City.
The dish has been on their menu for a while (one employee who has worked there for 13 years told Eater “it has always been on the menu”). But the recent surge of crazy food creations—think rainbow bagels, everything doughnuts, and ice cream–stuffed doughnut cones—may have created the perfect storm for tempura pizza to send everyone into a greasy frenzy.
4. And apparently it’s actually pretty damn good.
“I don’t know how to best describe it other than to say it is AMAZING and makes me want to learn how to make a good tempura batter so I can deep fry slices of Ellio’s frozen pizza at home,” said one Yelp reviewer.
“I thought for sure I’d hate it and it would be the joke of this review…instead…YUM!!” another reviewer said.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.