3. This beautiful nightmare comes to us from Sake Bar Hagi, a Japanese restaurant in New York City.
The dish has been on their menu for a while (one employee who has worked there for 13 years told Eater “it has always been on the menu”). But the recent surge of crazy food creations—think rainbow bagels, everything doughnuts, and ice cream–stuffed doughnut cones—may have created the perfect storm for tempura pizza to send everyone into a greasy frenzy.
4. And apparently it’s actually pretty damn good.
“I don’t know how to best describe it other than to say it is AMAZING and makes me want to learn how to make a good tempura batter so I can deep fry slices of Ellio’s frozen pizza at home,” said one Yelp reviewer.
“I thought for sure I’d hate it and it would be the joke of this review…instead…YUM!!” another reviewer said.
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal probes into its handling of sexual assault cases.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.