1. Inauguration planner Tom Barrack told reporters on Tuesday that Trump’s ceremony will feature a “soft sensuality.”
“We’re fortunate in that we have the greatest celebrity in the world, which is the president-elect; side-by-side is the current president,” Barrack said.
“So what we’ve done instead of trying to surround him with what people consider A-listers, is we are going to surround him with the soft sensuality of the place. It’s a much more poetic cadence than having a circus-like celebration that’s a coronation.”
2. People all cringed at once. It was the cringe heard round the world.
10. What will this softly sensual inauguration will be like? People have ideas.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump used a visit to CIA headquarters to attack his critics.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.