1. This video of a shelter puppy being comforted after coming out of surgery is going viral — and it’s almost too sweet for words:
“Baby Meesha was coming off her anesthesia and was a little scared because her body felt so weird,” the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter wrote on Facebook, where the video was first posted. “BARCS Surgical Assistant Dennis Moses took her out into the quiet hallway to comfort her. One of our awesome volunteers just happened to be walking by to capture this sweet moment.”
2. In the video, Meesha, a pit bull mix puppy, whimpers as Moses rocks her gently. He sings to her and kisses her head.
When asked what song he sang to Meesha, Moses told The Dodo he chose “Ten Little Froggies.”
“It’s like a little kids’ song I used to sing to my sister,” he said.
3. Meesha has since been adopted by a family in Maryland, and has been renamed Maddie.
4. “They signed her adoption papers right away, because of how sweet and gentle Meesha was with their 11-month-old daughter,” Bailey Deacon, director of communication at BARCS, told BuzzFeed.
5. Congrats on your new family, Maddie!
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝