1. This video of a shelter puppy being comforted after coming out of surgery is going viral — and it’s almost too sweet for words:
“Baby Meesha was coming off her anesthesia and was a little scared because her body felt so weird,” the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter wrote on Facebook, where the video was first posted. “BARCS Surgical Assistant Dennis Moses took her out into the quiet hallway to comfort her. One of our awesome volunteers just happened to be walking by to capture this sweet moment.”
2. In the video, Meesha, a pit bull mix puppy, whimpers as Moses rocks her gently. He sings to her and kisses her head.
When asked what song he sang to Meesha, Moses told The Dodo he chose “Ten Little Froggies.”
“It’s like a little kids’ song I used to sing to my sister,” he said.
3. Meesha has since been adopted by a family in Maryland, and has been renamed Maddie.
4. “They signed her adoption papers right away, because of how sweet and gentle Meesha was with their 11-month-old daughter,” Bailey Deacon, director of communication at BARCS, told BuzzFeed.
5. Congrats on your new family, Maddie!
- A year after a husband and wife pledged allegiance to ISIS and massacred 14 people in San Bernardino, California, key questions remain.
- Millions have watched him call out the government and the media over Brexit: James O'Brien, the man who made radio viral.
- The pilot of the jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team chose to skip a refuel stop before crashing in Colombia, killing 71 people.
- Spanish authorities have accused six professional tennis players of helping to fix 17 matches 🎾💰