2. The tennis star — who is verified on Reddit — shared the news of their engagement on the forum /r/isaidyes, saying:
I came home
A little late
Someone had a bag packed for me
And a carriage awaited
To escort me to my very own “charming”
Back to where our stars first collided
And now it was full circle
At the same table we first met by chance
This time he made it not by chance
But by choice
Down on one knee
He said 4 words
3. And she added this image:
“And you made me the happiest man on the planet,” Ohanian replied to the post.
5. The couple have kept their relationship very private, but reportedly met at a lunch in October 2015, according to Us Weekly.
6. In July, after Williams won her 22nd Grand Slam title at Wimbledon, Ohanian congratulated her on Instagram:
“Our queen stopped by center court today. So proud of you, @serenawilliams. 22 looks good on you,” he wrote.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates and follow BuzzFeed News on Twitter.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Atlanta Falcons are off to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time after defeating the Green Bay Packers 🏈