1. How much do you think this picture of a potato is worth? Well, it sold for more than $1 million.
2. The photo, “Potato #345,” was taken by Irish artist Kevin Abosch.
Abosch is known for his portraits and has previously photographed Yoko Ono and Johnny Depp.
The buyer (who wished to remain anonymous) is a European businessman who, after a few drinks, bought the photograph for $1,089,335.
The sale, which Abosch told CNN was the biggest of his career, was brokered at the photographer’s home in France.
“We had two glasses of wine and he said, ‘I really like that’. Two more glasses of wine and he said, ‘I really want that,’” Abosch told the newspaper.
And now it’s his. Forever.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.