1. Meet Ludivine. She’s a 2½-year-old bloodhound from Elkmont, Alabama, who just won seventh place in the town’s half-marathon.
The morning of the race, her owner let her out to relieve herself. Ludivine, who frequently roams the small town and is well known by its 400-something residents, wandered all the way to the local half-marathon and started running. She completed all 13.1 miles.
4. She even got a medal!
She looks so proud!!!
Hamlin found out about her pup’s great accomplishment only when friends who were volunteering at the race texted her with photos. She was surprised, to say the least.
6. “She’s laid-back and friendly, so I can’t believe she ran the whole half-marathon, because she’s actually really lazy,” said Hamlin.
7. Post-race, Ludivine celebrated the way anyone would: by taking a ridiculously long nap.
“Ludivine is taking her newfound celebrity in stride and has not let fame go to her head,” Hamlin told BuzzFeed.
Congrats on the big win, Ludivine!
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Jill Stein filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without checking out 👀🍎