24 Things You Never Knew You Could Clean In The Dishwasher
From stove grates to butt plugs.
You can wash a lot more than dishes in the dishwasher. And you should.
But, first, a few ground rules for safety.
• If anything is delicate or at risk of melting (plastic, in particular) keep it on the top rack, where the heat isn't as intense.
• When washing anything made of metal, dry it thoroughly to prevent rusting.
• If it's going in your body, you probably want to skip the detergent.
Now, on to the fun stuff.
2. Dirty window screens.
3. The grimy drawers and shelves in your fridge.
4. The plastic pencil cup on your desk.
5. Cabinet knobs.
6. Your kids' grubby plastic toys.
7. Your greasy hairbrushes and combs.
9. Baseball caps.
10. Your shower shoes.
11. And your rainboots.
12. Your pesticide-y garden tools.
13. Sex toys.
But only if they're made of a nonporous material (like silicone, glass, or metal) and don't contain electrical components. Check out this guide for more information on how to properly clean sex toys.