1. A while back, Nicholas Megalis made this legendary Vine:
Which helped him become one of the most popular users on the app — with more than 3.5 million followers.
2. And now he just came out with a full song on iTunes:
PLEASE RT! LETS GET GUMMY MONEY TO #1 ON ITUNES!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! https://t.co/BKc0DHUSJr
3. It’s actually the top track in Sweden.
“I’ve wanted to flesh out “Gummy Money” since the vine uploaded, says Megalis. “My good friend and longtime collaborative partner Michael Seifert literally locked me in a room at his studio in Cleveland and told me I had to control my A.D.D. and just finally write the damn thing.”
Seifert composed the track and Megalis wrote the lyrics, with Christine Fader doing backup vocals.
4. Megalis also recently debuted his new music video, “Forget It in a Day”, on MTV, and is planning to release an album early this year.
“[The] video was a direct message to anyone who doesn’t like me. It’s very simple- you can say what you want about me, but I am still here. And that’s how we should approach “haters”. I don’t like that word, it’s so played out. But our haters secretly love us.”
5. Prior to his Vine fame, Nicholas Megalis was playing and recording original music since he was 15 years old.
“It goes to show that you can do WHATEVER YOU WANT. If you have a camera, and you want to make films, you should be making them. If you have a guitar with 2 strings and a 6 year old laptop that barely turns on, you should be recording.”
6. Since first using the Vine app less than a year ago, Nicholas Megalis was asked to Vine at the VMA red carpet and appear in Vine ads for companies such as Trident.
“Vine fame happened seemingly out of nowhere. I was in the grocery store one day getting a cucumber. And the cashier nervously looks up at me and under her breath she says ‘Yo my name is Nicholas…’ I was so shocked that she had seen my little video. It makes no sense to me… Something I made on my phone in my apartment is now in this girl’s head. It’s so unbelievable and magical.”
7. “It’s what I’ve wanted since I was a baby,” says Megalis. “I just want to make people happy and get inside their brains like a little worm with a mustache.”
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀