1. This is Vladimir Luxuria. She is a former Communist Refoundation Party parliament member in Italy and Europe’s first openly transgender parliamentarian.
2. On Sunday, she says she was detained for several hours by Russian authorities for carrying a sign that said “Gay is OK”. The police deny these claims.
4. Luxuria had her Olympic spectator pass confiscated and said she will be leaving Russia on Tuesday morning.
- Ex-London mayor Boris Johnson has dramatically ruled himself out of the race to be the next Conservative UK prime minister.
- The three suicide bombers behind Istanbul's airport attack were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan, Turkish officials say.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸