5. The acid-fueled boat ride Willy Wonka takes the children on: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Willy Wonka gets two separate points because A CHICKEN GETS ITS HEAD CHOPPED OFF in this scene like soooo casually. Kids love that (and drugs)!
10. Quasimodo being tortured :The Hunchback of Notre Dame
How do you get away with a villain whose main motivation is driven by poorly concealed lust? Just throw in a nice scene where the protagonist is tied down and pelted with vegetables. The kids won’t even notice the lyrics of “Hellfire” until they’re like, 16!
14. Don Bluth movies in general - All Dogs Go To Heaven, A Troll In Central Park, The Land Before Time
Like, it’s good that this guy made movies so there were alternatives to Disney, but there’s no way you weren’t made uncomfortable by at least three of his movies (like dogs dying in All Dogs Go to Heaven, Littlefoot’s mom in front of his eyes in The Land Before Time, or the Queen from A Troll in Central Park).
15. Hexxus, the skeletal pollution monster: FernGully: The Last Rainforest
At least he made us more environmentally conscious? And the song was good? JK, NIGHTMARES FOREVER.
23. Artax’s death: The NeverEnding Story
There’s also speculation that the horse might have died in real life?
What other movie moments made you majorly wig out? Add yours below!
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️