1. Disney animal parent deaths: The Lion King, Bambi
Why were there more than one of these??
2. The chokey: Matilda
3. Shadow being left behind to DIE ALONE: Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Yeah, yeah, he lives in the end, but no one remembers that part after this traumatic little gem of a scene.
4. Veruca Salt falling down the egg chute: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
That's not to say that a lot of this movie wasn't terrifying, but of all the possible child homicides, Veruca's was the spookiest simply because of that echo at the end of her song as she fell further and further down...
5. The acid-fueled boat ride Willy Wonka takes the children on: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
6. The Wicked Witch's flying monkeys: The Wizard of Oz
7. Angelica Huston's witch revealing her true self: The Witches
8. This nightmare clown: The Brave Little Toaster
9. The death of a cartoon shoe via "dip": Who Framed Roger Rabbit
10. Quasimodo being tortured :The Hunchback of Notre Dame
How do you get away with a villain whose main motivation is driven by poorly concealed lust? Just throw in a nice scene where the protagonist is tied down and pelted with vegetables. The kids won't even notice the lyrics of "Hellfire" until they're like, 16!
11. Large Marge: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
12. The Red Bull: The Last Unicorn
13. E.T. getting sick and going to the hospital: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
14. Don Bluth movies in general - All Dogs Go To Heaven, A Troll In Central Park, The Land Before Time
Like, it's good that this guy made movies so there were alternatives to Disney, but there's no way you weren't made uncomfortable by at least three of his movies (like dogs dying in All Dogs Go to Heaven, Littlefoot's mom in front of his eyes in The Land Before Time, or the Queen from A Troll in Central Park).
15. Hexxus, the skeletal pollution monster: FernGully: The Last Rainforest
At least he made us more environmentally conscious? And the song was good? JK, NIGHTMARES FOREVER.
16. Ernest's interactions with Trantor the Troll: Ernest Scared Stupid
Did you gag from the memories yet?
17. The R.O.U.S.: The Princess Bride
18. Macaulay Culkin getting stung to death by bees: My Girl
19. Ratigan: The Great Mouse Detective
Aside from being voiced by the very spooky Vincent Price, he also fed one of his henchmen to a cat. Fun times!
20. Dorothy's continuing adventures: Return to Oz
Question: Why? What was wrong with the first one (besides the flying monkeys)?
21. The trippy pink elephants: Dumbo
They should play this at D.A.R.E. meetings; we're all still uneasy by Dumbo's first boozy experience.
22. The Oogie Boogie Man: The Nightmare Before Christmas
23. Artax's death: The NeverEnding Story
There's also speculation that the horse might have died in real life?