1. Animator Egor Zhgun, who often makes visual parodies of Russian politics, recently released a video of “Putin’s alphabet”:
The video is a parody of the Olympic opening ceremony video of the Russian alphabet.
7. Former Ukrainian president Yanukovych is seen passively flip-flopping between Russia and the European Union (which started the conflict in Ukraine):
8. And attention is brought to the Bolotnaya Square case from 2012, when a rally in Moscow ended up with eight participants being convicted for “mass riots”:
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.