1. "Am I allowed to chime in at this meeting?"
2. "Can I ask for something to do?"
3. "How will I find my way back to the office after this errand?"
4. "What should I talk about with my coworkers?"
Everyone is 8+ years older, what do you even talk about? Tax return forms? Kids?
5. "Does my boss secretly hate me?"
You're always trying to decipher the delicate subtext in their speech.
6. "Will they fire and blacklist me if I fail this task?"
Everything depends on you.
7. "When can I take lunch? For how long? Can I go outside?"
8. "Should I try and mingle at company events?"
9. "Is my whole career just going to be me doing busy work?"
10. "Can I check my phone/Facebook for a second???"
11. "Am I allowed to say 'no' when asked if I 'want' to do something?"
12. "Should I stay late? Am I allowed to leave?"
13. "Can I participate in Secret Santa?"
When they say everyone should participate, does that include lowly interns?