4. Hallacas (Venezuela)
These little packages of goodness are stuffed with a mixture of capers, raisins, peppers, and various meats and wrapped in maize and plantain leaves. Recipe here.
10. Vitel Toné (Argentina)
This dish comes from the Italian immigration into Argentina in the late 1800s/early 1900s and is a platter of sliced veal covered in a tuna sauce and capers. It’s surprisingly light and the flavors all compliment one another. Recipe here.
29. Fried chicken (specifically KFC-brand) and Kurisumasu Keiki (Japan)
KFC had a very successful Christmas ad campaign in the ’70s and ever since, its fried chicken is a must-have for Japanese Christmas. That, and Kurisumasu Keiki, which is a strawberry sponge cake. Basically, Japan wins Christmas.
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹