4. Hallacas (Venezuela)
These little packages of goodness are stuffed with a mixture of capers, raisins, peppers, and various meats and wrapped in maize and plantain leaves. Recipe here.
10. Vitel Toné (Argentina)
This dish comes from the Italian immigration into Argentina in the late 1800s/early 1900s and is a platter of sliced veal covered in a tuna sauce and capers. It’s surprisingly light and the flavors all compliment one another. Recipe here.
29. Fried chicken (specifically KFC-brand) and Kurisumasu Keiki (Japan)
KFC had a very successful Christmas ad campaign in the ’70s and ever since, its fried chicken is a must-have for Japanese Christmas. That, and Kurisumasu Keiki, which is a strawberry sponge cake. Basically, Japan wins Christmas.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.