28 Experiences Only Drama Club Kids Could Understand
It was the best part of high school, hands down.
1. Waiting to hear which play/musical would be put on next was more suspenseful than getting your AP Bio test back.
2. Auditions filled you with so much hope every time. What if this was your year?
3. The day you got a part other than “chorus” was a glorious one.
4. But being a chorus member/dancer had its perks, like having more time to hang out with your friends backstage.
5. Getting a script on the first day always made you feel so legit.
6. And you always wrote your script notes in pencil, because A.) no stage direction was too permanent and B.) you would one day have to return the scripts
7. Costume day. Was. The. Best.
8. Doing each others’ hair and makeup was a bonding experience like no other.
9. Between pit band and tech crew, you met so many people you probably wouldn’t have met otherwise.
10. You fell in love with at least one really talented and perfect boy.
11. And seeing people couple up from playing love interests was always adorable.
(Spider-Man never fails to produce real-life couples. Get on it, high school drama clubs of the world.)
12. Being on stage, even if in the background, gradually got you more comfortable with being in front of an audience.
13. You collected all the playbills of the shows you were in.
14. You were constantly inspired -- whether to write/direct your own show, or simply practice your choreography more.
15. You saw winning an award as a practice Oscar.
If only "Most Improved" could be an award for all endeavors in life.