All of these tips were shared in a post about experiencing depression in the BuzzFeed Brazil group on Facebook.
Submissions may be edited for clarity and length.
1. "I started to write whenever I was in a bad way."
2. "I made a bullet journal."
3. "I started practicing meditation."
4. "I started a succulent collection."
5. "I took some time to let the sun shine on my face."
6. "I would have a beauty day every time that I was down in the dumps."
7. A punching bag
8. "I took some time off from Facebook."
10. "Music saved my life."
11. "I use an app."
12. "Working with my hands."
13. "I put up a sticker to remind me that it will pass."
14. "Solitaire or sudoku."
Remember: These aren't meant to be replacements for professional treatment, but they're tactics that have helped others and might work for you, too. Be sure to work with a professional to find the best treatment for you.
This post was translated from Portuguese.