Sound producer Mario Weinerroither makes “musicless music videos” that completely transform the way you think about music.
1. Mick Jagger and David Bowie’s moves are somehow even more emphatic in “Dancing in the Street”:
Can you hear the sound of all that delicious blousy fabric?
2. And Prodigy’s “Firestarter” is basically an audition for an interpretive dance troupe:
3. The video for Shakira and Rihanna’s “Can’t Remember to Forget You” is missing the sound of some booty claps, tbh:
4. Queen’s “I Want To Break Free” is basically just people doing chores:
I mean, I guess you would want to break free from this?
5. Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” manages to seem even more gritty without the song:
This video smells DISGUSTING.
6. And OK GO’s treadmill antics in “Here it Goes Again” are even! more! perfect!
7. Michael Jackson’s “The Way You Make Me Feel” is creepy and haunting:
8. “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai will freak you out because of the bug sounds:
9. And did you know that The White Stripes’ “The Hardest Button to Button” actually starts with “Take on Me”?
But the thing that proves that sound changes everything is that even Nosferatu stops being creepy…
…when you add some sound effects:
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘