1. You MUST make sure your phone is charged before you leave the house.
And if it isn’t, you consider staying home. There’s probably no reason to go out when you can learn how a diving bell works with the Stuff You Should Know podcast, right?
8. You know all the personal jokes and taglines from your favorite podcasts.
And you forgive them for being a little gimmicky once in a while: “Boomer Lives!” “My boys Maslow and Carver always have something to say.” “Daaaaaaana!” “Don’t be a Stranger.” “True stories, told live, without notes.“
10. Podcasts have become an integral part of your routine and it feels like something is missing when you miss one.
11. The thought of working out without a podcast to listen to is devastating to you.
And you feel extra inspired when the podcast you’re listening to matches your workout, like stepping on the treadmill and hearing the Third Coast Re:Sound Podcast’s Running Show.
12. In fact, the thought of doing most chores without a podcast to listen to is almost unbearable.
It’s almost better to just order in and listen to Al Yancovic explain the myths behind his foodie songs on The Sporkful if you can’t listen to podcasts while cooking.
13. And sometimes you invent things to do just so you can listen for a few more minutes.
What’s another Moth story if you end up getting all your laundry folded?
18. And there have been times when you had to take a break from a podcast to shed a few tears.
And you know the ones that are going to make you ugly cry, like Storycorps.
19. You know more about Audible, Stamps.com, Squarespace and so many other random companies than you will ever need to.
But you don’t hate, because they are making your favorite podcasts happen. (But really, WHO IS LEASING POSTAGE METERS? IT IS 2014 PEOPLE.)
24. You’ve evangelized to your friends about how many great stories are out there, waiting for them.
And there’s nothing more satisfying when their minds are blown by pieces like Ministry of Presence on KCRW’s UnFictional.
26. But really you know you’ve got something in common with past generations, because you can get into the pleasure of listening.
Walter Murch said it, and it’s true: hearing is the first of the senses to be turned on.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Jay Z is set to hold a get out the vote concert for Hillary Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing black voters.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏