1. You MUST make sure your phone is charged before you leave the house.
2. You’ve deleted photos/videos of treasured memories to make room for more podcasts.
3. The songs that play during your favorite podcasts are the ones you listen to most.
4. You have had a "driveway moment" that lasted through the end of one show and into the next one.
5. You say "oh yeah, I heard that on a podcast" every time a current event or celebrity comes up.
6. You get really excited to talk about a podcast you just listened to.
7. You know about a movie or TV show not because you watched it, but because you listened to a podcast about it.
8. You know all the personal jokes and taglines from your favorite podcasts.
9. You know which day your favorite podcast comes out and download it the second it’s available.
10. Podcasts have become an integral part of your routine and it feels like something is missing when you miss one.
11. The thought of working out without a podcast to listen to is devastating to you.
12. In fact, the thought of doing most chores without a podcast to listen to is almost unbearable.
13. And sometimes you invent things to do just so you can listen for a few more minutes.
What's another Moth story if you end up getting all your laundry folded?
14. Kicking back and relaxing looks something like this:
15. You feel special knowing the stories behind your favorite books.
16. Your love of podcasts has also helped you form some of your most ardent political opinions.
17. You have cracked up in public while listening to a podcast.
18. And there have been times when you had to take a break from a podcast to shed a few tears.
And you know the ones that are going to make you ugly cry, like Storycorps.
19. You know more about Audible, Stamps.com, Squarespace and so many other random companies than you will ever need to.
20. You know the joy that comes from making up characters in your head to go with the stories you’re hearing.
21. Podcasts have taught you some important life skills.
22. You have very strong opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of various podcast apps.
23. You feel like you know your favorite podcast hosts really well.
24. You've evangelized to your friends about how many great stories are out there, waiting for them.
And there's nothing more satisfying when their minds are blown by pieces like Ministry of Presence on KCRW's UnFictional.
25. Old people think you're some kind of computer genius for listening to podcasts (or helping them download them.)
26. But really you know you've got something in common with past generations, because you can get into the pleasure of listening.
So keep up your love of podcasts. It will take you far.
Julia Furlan is an audio editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Julia Furlan at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.