First election tweet: 11:18 p.m. ET.
2. 1. Resignation:
Well, back to the drawing board!— Donald J. Trump
3. (But it doesn’t last long.)
He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!— Donald J. Trump
4. 2. Anger:
The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!— Donald J. Trump
5. 3. Anarchy:
We can’t let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!— Donald J. Trump
6. (This one lasts a while.)
Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.— Donald J. Trump
More votes equals a loss…revolution!— Donald J. Trump
This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!— Donald J. Trump
9. (Almost over…)
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble…like never before.— Donald J. Trump
Our nation is a once great nation divided!— Donald J. Trump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.— Donald J. Trump
12. 4. Finally, optimism:
Hopefully the House of Representatives can hold our country together for four more years…stay strong and never give up!— Donald J. Trump
13. And he’s back.
House of Representatives shouldn’t give anything to Obama unless he terminates Obamacare.— Donald J. Trump
Last election tweet: 11:54 p.m.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘