1. A reporter for WSB-TV captured the tornado forming.
Dorothy Wilkey, of Adairsville, Ga., sits at her friends’ home as a damaged trees and utility lines are shown in the yard.
Workers with Adairsville Grocery help salvage products from the store after it was damaged.
Pam Parker sifts through debris while looking for any personal belongings in the area where she was sitting at her desk when a tornado struck the Daiki plant, a metal fabrication company where she works in accounts payable.
Family photos are seen inside a tornado shelter where residents ran from their homes to take cover.
Nathan Varnes, of Cartersville, Ga., right, helps Georgia Search and Rescue firefighter Billy Green, left, search a destroyed home for a dog.
Will Carter, 15, pulls up debris while searching for the family dog, a pit bull named Niko.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏