1. On Tuesday, officials representing One World Trade Center gave some photographers a preview of the building’s observatory.
2. The observation deck is currently under construction on the 100th floor.
3. It opens to the public in 2015.
4. When completed, the deck will rise about 1,250 feet over lower Manhattan.
5. The building itself with rise to 1,776 feet— the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
6. And the view will look something like this.
The Manhattan Bridge.
The East River.
The street, 1,000 feet down.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.