1. On Wednesday, George Zimmerman’s former criminal justice professor Scott Pleasants became the state’s 33rd witness called to testify in Zimmerman’s murder trial. He couldn’t appear in person, though, so prosecutors questioned him via Skype.
Can’t believe someone’s testifying via #Skype in the #trayvonmartin #zimmerman trial. #Microsoft
2. For the networks live-broadcasting the high-profile trial, this quickly became problematic.
Skype users are trolling the #Zimmerman trial. This is crazy. Call-spamming witness’ testimony.
3. Now armed with his Skype username, dozens started calling Assistant State Attorney Richard Mantei to try to get their names on TV.
Kim Segal CNN Miami
OMG: In Zimmerman court prosecutor trying to Skype in witness & look what happened!
4. Of course, 4chan is believed to be behind the prank.
FOX 13 Tampa Bay
Screenshot of Skype testimony #fail in #Zimmerman trial as pranksters try to call in. Judge not amused,
5. The prosecutors eventually gave up on Skype, placing an iPhone on the witness stand instead, for Pleasants to testify via speakerphone.
6. Good job, everyone.
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.
- At least four people died and 49 others were injured in shootings during a violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.