1. On Wednesday, George Zimmerman’s former criminal justice professor Scott Pleasants became the state’s 33rd witness called to testify in Zimmerman’s murder trial. He couldn’t appear in person, though, so prosecutors questioned him via Skype.
Can’t believe someone’s testifying via #Skype in the #trayvonmartin #zimmerman trial. #Microsoft
2. For the networks live-broadcasting the high-profile trial, this quickly became problematic.
Skype users are trolling the #Zimmerman trial. This is crazy. Call-spamming witness’ testimony.
3. Now armed with his Skype username, dozens started calling Assistant State Attorney Richard Mantei to try to get their names on TV.
Kim Segal CNN Miami
OMG: In Zimmerman court prosecutor trying to Skype in witness & look what happened!
4. Of course, 4chan is believed to be behind the prank.
FOX 13 Tampa Bay
Screenshot of Skype testimony #fail in #Zimmerman trial as pranksters try to call in. Judge not amused,
5. The prosecutors eventually gave up on Skype, placing an iPhone on the witness stand instead, for Pleasants to testify via speakerphone.
6. Good job, everyone.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀