Violence escalated last night in Gezi Park, as police again used water cannons and tear gas on protesters.
Taksim Square on June 11.
A protester, face stained by tear gas antidote, sleeps in Gezi Park.
1. But today, Taksim Square is reportedly largely cleared out.
A dismantled barricade set up by protesters outside Gezi Park.
People sleep under a tree in Gezi Park the morning after the police crackdown.
8. The area around the Gezi — the park that served as a catalyst for the protest when officials wanted to get rid of it — is now essentially in ruins.
A boy wearing a Guy Fawkes mask displays his wooden sword behind a barricade at Gezi Park.
A young girl begs, wearing a protection mask on her head.
A man walks past a damaged shop.
A young protester walks near a barricade at Gezi Park.
Workers remove the barricade.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱