1. Park Geun-hye, 60, is the daughter of the late President Park Chung-hee. She’s a trained engineer who has served as a representative in the National Assembly since 1998.
Her father, Park Chung-hee, served as South Korea’s leader for 18 years after seizing power in a 1961 military coup. He was assassinated in 1979. Geun-hye’s mother was also murdered a few years earlier when a bullet aimed at the president hit her instead.
3. Here she is on Dec. 4, debating against Lee Jung-hee (Unified Progressive Party) and Moon Jae-in (Democratic United Party).
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷