1. Park Geun-hye, 60, is the daughter of the late President Park Chung-hee. She’s a trained engineer who has served as a representative in the National Assembly since 1998.
Her father, Park Chung-hee, served as South Korea’s leader for 18 years after seizing power in a 1961 military coup. He was assassinated in 1979. Geun-hye’s mother was also murdered a few years earlier when a bullet aimed at the president hit her instead.
3. Here she is on Dec. 4, debating against Lee Jung-hee (Unified Progressive Party) and Moon Jae-in (Democratic United Party).
- Congress has voted to override President Obama's veto of a bill that'd allow families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- Jerry Springer says Donald Trump probably wouldn't be on his show because his guests are authentic and tell the truth.