2. After seven days, the 65-year-old man who kidnapped a 5-year-old boy after killing a bus driver in Midland City, Alabama, has reportedly died. CBS broke the news first.
BREAKING NEWS: A U.S. official says Alabama hostage situation is over: kidnapped child is alive, kidnapper is dead http://t.co/s2drA6vF— CBS News
Over the last 24 hours, negotiations with suspected kidnapper Jimmy Lee Dykes “deteriorated,” officials said Monday, and he was seen with a gun. Around 3 p.m., officials stormed the bunker and rescued the boy. He was immediately taken to the hospital for an examination, though he reportedly appeared unharmed. It’s still unclear how exactly Dykes died.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀