2. After seven days, the 65-year-old man who kidnapped a 5-year-old boy after killing a bus driver in Midland City, Alabama, has reportedly died. CBS broke the news first.
BREAKING NEWS: A U.S. official says Alabama hostage situation is over: kidnapped child is alive, kidnapper is dead http://t.co/s2drA6vF— CBS News
Over the last 24 hours, negotiations with suspected kidnapper Jimmy Lee Dykes “deteriorated,” officials said Monday, and he was seen with a gun. Around 3 p.m., officials stormed the bunker and rescued the boy. He was immediately taken to the hospital for an examination, though he reportedly appeared unharmed. It’s still unclear how exactly Dykes died.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump that his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel after the country's government called the organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭