1. This is the intersection of Boylston and Arlington streets in Boston. Two bombs detonated less than four blocks from here during the Boston Marathon on Monday.
2. On Tuesday morning, a memorial began to form at the intersection’s police barricade.
5. By noon, there were more than a dozen flowers.
6. Plus a few Boston tees.
7. There were tributes to the injured runners, as well as the 8-year-old boy who died.
- A Fire engulfed a historic Serbian Orthodox church in New York City on Sunday hours after the church hosted Easter celebrations.
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘