A man is detained by police and local security after shooting on the sidelines of the Cannes Film Festival near the Grand Journal de Canal+ television studio set on the Croisette in Cannes
Two shots were fired into the air at the Cannes film festival while a crowd watched a live TV interview with actors Christoph Waltz and Daniel Auteuil.
A suspect was promptly arrested, Reuters reports. Police said he was carrying a dummy grenade, knife and starting pistol.
“The bodyguards jumped over the barriers into the crowd and pulled him to the ground. The police arrived and told everyone to run because there was a grenade in his hand,” witness Arthur Laiguesse told Reuters…
“It really appears to be a crazy guy,” said a police source.
3. The French station Canal+ continued rolling throughout the incident.
French actor and member of the Feature Film Jury Daniel Auteuil © and Austrian actor and member of the Feature Film Jury Christoph Waltz ® were evacuated.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- The police report featuring Kim Kardashian West's first-hand account of the Paris robbery has been released.