A man is detained by police and local security after shooting on the sidelines of the Cannes Film Festival near the Grand Journal de Canal+ television studio set on the Croisette in Cannes
Two shots were fired into the air at the Cannes film festival while a crowd watched a live TV interview with actors Christoph Waltz and Daniel Auteuil.
A suspect was promptly arrested, Reuters reports. Police said he was carrying a dummy grenade, knife and starting pistol.
“The bodyguards jumped over the barriers into the crowd and pulled him to the ground. The police arrived and told everyone to run because there was a grenade in his hand,” witness Arthur Laiguesse told Reuters…
“It really appears to be a crazy guy,” said a police source.
3. The French station Canal+ continued rolling throughout the incident.
French actor and member of the Feature Film Jury Daniel Auteuil © and Austrian actor and member of the Feature Film Jury Christoph Waltz ® were evacuated.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.