New Zealanders Blow The Roof Off Their Hospitality House

A barbecue was ruined Wednesday when a gas canister exploded, sending London’s crazy popular Kiwi House up in flames. (No one was harmed, but Aussie sabotage rumors are already brewing.)

This is the Kiwi House. At the center of Kings Cross, it’s the place to be if you’re a New Zealand fan attending the London Olympics games.

Because at Kiwi House, they like to party.

Phil Walter / Getty Images

Dancing. Eating. Rooting. The lines are often hours long out the door.

But today, tragedy struck. New Zealand partied too hard.

The source of the fire? A barbecue gas canister that exploded, literally blowing the roof off the joint, according to witnesses.

We've had a rather large fire engulf the outdoor bbq area. Everyone is ok. We're closed till further notice. More updates as they happen.

— Kiwi House (@KiwiHouse2012)

We’ve had a rather large fire engulf the outdoor bbq area. Everyone is ok. We’re closed till further notice. More updates as they happen.— Kiwi House

Fortunately, none of the 700 people inside were injured.

No injuries at @KiwiHouse2012 for those asking, everybody seemed to get out quickly

— Andy Scott (@Andrew_Scott)

No injuries at @KiwiHouse2012 for those asking, everybody seemed to get out quickly— Andy Scott

But it’s probably going to be a while before another barbecue…

@Andrew_Scott @nzolympics @kiwihouse2012 Who let the amateur on the BBQ? Did a rogue Aussie get in?

— Jay Harvie (@JayHarvie)

@Andrew_Scott @nzolympics @kiwihouse2012 Who let the amateur on the BBQ? Did a rogue Aussie get in?— Jay Harvie

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

 
  Your Reaction?
  REACT WITH GIF
 

    Starting soon, you'll only be able to post a comment on BuzzFeed using a Facebook account or via our app. If you have questions or thoughts, email us here.

    Hot Buzz

    These Two Women Are Trying To Finally Give Arabs Some Decent Emojis

    What’s Going On Around The World Today?

    Now Buzzing