Nineteen-year-old Roman Pirozek died Thursday at Calvert Vaux Park in Brooklyn after his remote-control helicopter struck him, reportedly “scalping his head.”
Pirozek was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses told WABC that the helicopter appeared to boomerang toward Pirozek, who had lost control of the toy. WNBC reported that it also sliced through Pirozek’s shoulder.
His father is believed to have been with him at the time of the accident.
3. Pirozek, a Queens native, was a toy chopper enthusiast. He uploaded videos of their flights to YouTube:
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏