1. At Oscar Pistorius’ bail hearing Wednesday, investigating officer Hilton Botha testified with witness reports from the night of Reeva Steenkamp’s death.
3. The defense countered that the bedroom is “pitch dark” when the curtains and blinds are closed. The witness also didn’t say whether she heard the voices of Pistorius or Steenkamp specifically.
There was also a dispute about how far away the witness lived — 300 meters or 600 meters.
5. Botha also testified about arriving at Pistorius’ house early that morning. He saw Steenkamp in white shorts and a black vest at the bottom of the stairs. She was shot in the head, arm and hip, and was covered in towels.
In the bedroom, there were two BlackBerrys. None of the four phones were used to call police.
10. Botha believes Pistorius may flee if granted bail — he has another home in Italy and offshore accounts. Botha also believes Pistorius deliberately killed Steenkamp.
12. In Pistorius’ defense, lawyer Barry Roux argued that Steenkamp’s bladder was empty, meaning she was indeed using the bathroom when she was shot.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸