1. At Oscar Pistorius’ bail hearing Wednesday, investigating officer Hilton Botha testified with witness reports from the night of Reeva Steenkamp’s death.
3. The defense countered that the bedroom is “pitch dark” when the curtains and blinds are closed. The witness also didn’t say whether she heard the voices of Pistorius or Steenkamp specifically.
There was also a dispute about how far away the witness lived — 300 meters or 600 meters.
5. Botha also testified about arriving at Pistorius’ house early that morning. He saw Steenkamp in white shorts and a black vest at the bottom of the stairs. She was shot in the head, arm and hip, and was covered in towels.
In the bedroom, there were two BlackBerrys. None of the four phones were used to call police.
10. Botha believes Pistorius may flee if granted bail — he has another home in Italy and offshore accounts. Botha also believes Pistorius deliberately killed Steenkamp.
12. In Pistorius’ defense, lawyer Barry Roux argued that Steenkamp’s bladder was empty, meaning she was indeed using the bathroom when she was shot.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.