Travis Alexander was shot and stabbed to death in Mesa, Arizona, on June 4, 2008.
In January 2012, the trial of Alexander's girlfriend Jodi Arias began. Arias says she killed Alexander in self-defense; she's pleading not guilty to murder.
So far, the trial has uncovered a slew of bizarre details about Alexander and Arias' relationship. There are allegations of domestic abuse and child pornography (Alexander), pathological lying (Arias), and incredibly kinky sex (both of them).
On Wednesday, questioning was opened up to the jurors, who gave the court more than 100 anonymous submissions — a unique process that only some states allow. After nearly two hours, more about the jury's state of mind was revealed than actual case details.
1. "What is your understanding of the word 'skank'?"
2. "Do you feel the guys in your life cheated on you because you were controlling?"
3. "Were you mad at Travis while you were stabbing him?"
4. "Did you ever seek medical help for your mental condition?"
5. "Why would you continue to sleep with Travis after you learned of his child-porn issues?"
6. "Do you feel the Mormon Church encourages burying the truth about issues that may be considered embarrassing?"
7. "How is it that you remember so many of your sexual encounters, including your ex-boyfriends, but you don't remember stabbing Travis or dragging his body?"
8. "Why did you feel so uncomfortable about anal sex with Travis when you had previously tried it?"
9. "If you didn't want to be tied up to a tree, why would you go up and look for a place to do that?"
10. "Travis stated on the phone sex conversation he did not like Spiderman. Why did he buy you Spiderman underwear if he didn't like that character?"
11. "You told us you weren't able to make out the license plate leaning up against the curb because you are nearsighted. What is your prescription in each eye?"
12. "If you are so nearsighted, how were you able to drive?"
13. "You said you bought a gun to commit suicide but never ended up doing so. What stopped you from doing so?"
14. "How is it that you are so calm on the television interviews?"
15. "Did you call any men you did not have romantic interest in 'hottie biscotti'?"
Watch Arias' full question-and-answer session:
Jessica Testa is a national reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Jessica Testa at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.