1. The gown is made of chiffon and velvet. She’s also wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and a Kimberly McDonald ring.
6. After her introduction, the Obamas danced to Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together.”
Just danced to “Let’s Stay Together” with the love of my life and the President of the United States. Iâ€™m so proud of Barack. â€“mo— FLOTUS
10. See the gown in action here:
11. And, of course:
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.