1. The gown is made of chiffon and velvet. She’s also wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and a Kimberly McDonald ring.
6. After her introduction, the Obamas danced to Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together.”
Just danced to “Let’s Stay Together” with the love of my life and the President of the United States. Iâ€™m so proud of Barack. â€“mo— FLOTUS
10. See the gown in action here:
11. And, of course:
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.