1. On Wednesday, police announced that Pavel Dmitrichenko, a soloist with Russia’s Bolshoi Theatre, confessed to plotting an acid attack on the troupe’s artistic director Sergei Filin in January.
2. Here’s Dmitrichenko as Ivan the Terrible.
3. Ivan the TERRIBLE.
4. Dmitrichenko reportedly made a name for himself playing the role of villans, like Ivan and “Swan Lake’s” Von Rothbart.
6. Anyway, he’s suspected of ordering the attack on Filin.
7. Two other men carried out the attack — Yury Zarutsky, who allegedly threw the sulphuric acid at Filin’s face, burning the director’s face and neck and severely damaging his eyesight.
8. And Andrei Lipatov, the suspected getaway driver.
9. Filin, who’s publicly clashed with dancers before, is currently being treated in Germany, but is expected to fully recover his eyesight.
10. A theater spokesman said she knew of “no bitter rivalry” between the director and his dancer, though there are reports Dmitrichenko’s motive was a “hostile personal relationship.”
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏