1. On Wednesday, police announced that Pavel Dmitrichenko, a soloist with Russia’s Bolshoi Theatre, confessed to plotting an acid attack on the troupe’s artistic director Sergei Filin in January.
2. Here’s Dmitrichenko as Ivan the Terrible.
3. Ivan the TERRIBLE.
4. Dmitrichenko reportedly made a name for himself playing the role of villans, like Ivan and “Swan Lake’s” Von Rothbart.
6. Anyway, he’s suspected of ordering the attack on Filin.
7. Two other men carried out the attack — Yury Zarutsky, who allegedly threw the sulphuric acid at Filin’s face, burning the director’s face and neck and severely damaging his eyesight.
8. And Andrei Lipatov, the suspected getaway driver.
9. Filin, who’s publicly clashed with dancers before, is currently being treated in Germany, but is expected to fully recover his eyesight.
10. A theater spokesman said she knew of “no bitter rivalry” between the director and his dancer, though there are reports Dmitrichenko’s motive was a “hostile personal relationship.”
- The drug that killed Prince is causing an unprecedented wave of fatal overdoses, federal health officials say.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵