Ariel Castro in his May 7 booking photo.
Officials announced Wednesday they would charge Ariel Castro with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape after three missing women and a young child were rescued from his Cleveland home on Monday.
From the Associated Press:
The three women were subjected to prolonged sexual and psychological abuse and suffered miscarriages, a city councilman briefed on the case said Wednesday.
Councilman Brian Cummins said that many details remain unclear, including the number of pregnancies and the conditions under which the miscarriages occurred. He also said the women were kept in the basement for some time without having access to the rest of the house. Police said they were apparently bound with ropes and chains.
3. Though Castro’s two brothers were arrested along with him, police said Wednesday they will not charge them.
No charges filed against Pedro and Onil Castro at this time. #cleveland
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A Jimmy John's employee was robbed at gunpoint and video footage shows how chill he was through the whole thing 😂😳