1. The email — subject line “Time to Show Our Strength” — was sent to mailing list subscribers Thursday morning. Armstong stepped down as Livestrong chairman on Wednesday.
Rather, she told BuzzFeed, the drive was a response to the increase in donations Livestrong has received in recent months — and the “show of support we have experienced over the last 24 hours,” as Ulman wrote.
“It told us that people throughout the U.S. wanted to express their support for our mission – serving people and families affected by cancer,” said Katherine McLain, vice president of communications for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. “We decided to make it easy for them to do just that with an organized drive.”
Livestrong sends out a few emails to subscribers each month. The last one came on Oct. 2.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰