1. The email — subject line “Time to Show Our Strength” — was sent to mailing list subscribers Thursday morning. Armstong stepped down as Livestrong chairman on Wednesday.
Rather, she told BuzzFeed, the drive was a response to the increase in donations Livestrong has received in recent months — and the “show of support we have experienced over the last 24 hours,” as Ulman wrote.
“It told us that people throughout the U.S. wanted to express their support for our mission – serving people and families affected by cancer,” said Katherine McLain, vice president of communications for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. “We decided to make it easy for them to do just that with an organized drive.”
Livestrong sends out a few emails to subscribers each month. The last one came on Oct. 2.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️