1. The email — subject line “Time to Show Our Strength” — was sent to mailing list subscribers Thursday morning. Armstong stepped down as Livestrong chairman on Wednesday.
Rather, she told BuzzFeed, the drive was a response to the increase in donations Livestrong has received in recent months — and the “show of support we have experienced over the last 24 hours,” as Ulman wrote.
“It told us that people throughout the U.S. wanted to express their support for our mission – serving people and families affected by cancer,” said Katherine McLain, vice president of communications for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. “We decided to make it easy for them to do just that with an organized drive.”
Livestrong sends out a few emails to subscribers each month. The last one came on Oct. 2.
- Donald Trump promised "there will be no amnesty" during a highly-anticipated immigration speech after his visit to Mexico.
- Brazil's senate voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶