13-year-old McKenna Pope stopped by CNN’s Newsroom Tuesday to talk about her Change.org petition to get boys featured in the packaging of Easy Bake Ovens.
The petition, which has more than 25,000 signatures, was inspired by her brother Gavin, who also appeared in the segment, alongside his mom. And on the lap of his mom. And crawling over his mom. And running around behind his mom.
5. Here’s the (also adorable) video that landed the Popes on CNN:
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏