2. On Monday, she became the last bombing victim to leave the hospital. In all, 264 people were injured at the marathon. Brannock’s sister and brother-in-law were also hospitalized.
4. Her doctors said Brannock was hospitalized longer than most patients because they wanted to avoid amputating her right leg, which was severely injured. She had already lost part of her left leg.
There is a fund established to help Brannock pay her medical bills at thebrannockfund.com.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- At least five people were killed as intense flash floods swept through parts of Texas.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯